To New Students to TUAT
To New Students to TUAT:
Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Response Headquarter,
Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology (TUAT)
Due to the spread of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) being stagnant and expected to accelerated even further, we understand that you may feel concerned or uncertain.
TUAT strives to contribute to sustainable development of the earth system. In the response to the ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we believe it is our mission to counter COVID-19 based on scientific evidence. Therefore, while striving to contribute in research, it is necessary for TUAT teaching/administrative staff and students to act as a team to contain the further spread of the disease.
Unfortunately, the entrance ceremony was cancelled, but you are already a student of Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology. We, at TUAT, expect all students to keep the below-mentioned guidelines in mind and act upon them.
Not to Increase the Risk of Transmission
- Keep in mind to protect yourself from infection and to prevent infection transmission (not to become a symptomatic carrier or a spreader of the virus) to others.
- Do not go to places in which risk of transmission is likely to be high (events, concerts, shows, etc.).
- Do not create environment in which 3 high risk factors for transmission (poorly ventilated, crowded, and/or conversation distance is relatively close) are interwoven.
- Be sure to clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water, and wear a mask.
- Refrain from going outside unless absolutely necessary, and do not travel beyond your residential area (no overseas travel) such as travelling to see family members in different areas or travelling for leisure.
- Face-to-Face lectures will be cancelled until Monday, June 1 (tentative). Stay in a safe place, such as your home/residence or family home/residence.
- If you happen to be infected by coronavirus or become a close contact person with an infected person, please inform TUAT (contact information at the very bottom) immediately and follow the guidance of your doctor or health center.
As a TUAT Student
- Keep in mind that the period until the face-to-face lectures start is not a vacation (spring break).
- Please check frequently the TUAT website and WEB Bulletin Board.
- Instead of holding a new student orientation, the orientation material will be uploaded on the web. Please check the information carefully.
- By referring to the syllabi and timetables uploaded on the web, plan your course registration.
- By utilizing the uploaded syllabi, lecture material on e-learning platform (google classroom and moodle (university management system), etc.) and textbooks, etc., please conduct self-study, read books, etc. to improve your skills and knowledge.
- E-learning or assignments will be assigned by your instructor, so please check google classroom, etc.
- Please understand the COVID-19 and its related societal conditions accurately and scientifically.
- Graduate students should consult with their supervisors thoroughly. Unless absolutely necessary minimize the risk of going to the laboratory, and make use time effectively to plan/write your dissertation.
- If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to consult with your supervisor/advisor or help desk (Student Support Office, members of the board of education, or student support committee, etc.) by e-mail or by phone.
The evolving situation puts restrictions not only on lectures, research, or extracurricular activities but also on daily lives; impacting our mental health and financial security. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but we ask for your kind cooperation in creating the environment to hold lectures, carry research projects, etc. on campus sooner. We are uncertain at this point when face-to-face lectures can be conducted. Please prepare that this can be a prolonged period, and check the TUAT website and WEB Bulletin Board carefully. We look forward to seeing you all on campus after the spread of COVID-19 subsides in the near future.
Educational Affairs Office Educational Affairs Coordination Section
Phone: 042-367-5537 (From overseas) +81-42-367-5537
e-mail: gaksoumu (input @ here) cc.tuat.ac.jp